4.13.2012

birds


*This week has revolved around the birds.  Zack and the kids built a bird feeder last weekend. Great fun had by all.  Now we spend most of our time watching the birds. Betsy hasn't quite figured out that in order to see the birds, screaming must be kept to a minimum. Her yelling "IRD, IRD" at the window, has a tendency to scare them off.  I suggested that we go to the library and check out a book on birds. (pretty sure my grammer Kay was channeling through me). Ek's response was "Well, how about we just have fun looking at them instead?" So ends my feeble attempt at homeschooling.
getting ready for some major construction.
filling up the feeder
this is the..."whadda ya mean you made something fun while I took a measly nap!" look
installation 
and installing it again so everyone gets a turn!
*Enjoy your weekend and let me know if you are interested in learning about birds with me :)

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! When the girls were little, they always made the 2-liter bottle feeders that the birds always thought would be great nesting areas! We watched lots of little birdies hatch, grow and fly away. So much fun, messy to clean up but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Max looks great in his Kropf Lumber nail apron helping Dad. :) Let me know if you need two more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks deb! i will have to take you up on the offer, the other 2 were a tad bit jealous :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.